As the 2012-2013 school year begins, Academic Outreach is gearing up for its various programs and we need you. In order to make all of our programs successful, we are looking for Ochsner employees who have a love for mentorship, education, and partnering with students, teachers, and administrators in our communities. It takes us all to fulfill Ochsner’s mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate, and Innovate.
Ways to Get Involved?
• Job Shadow Department Mentor – Allow a student to be your shadow and simply observe you in action.
• High School Student Internship Mentor – Work one-on-one with some of the community’s best students to complete their graduation projects.
• School Field Trip Ambassador or Mentor – Show off your unit and educate students about your career.
• Saturday Science Volunteer – Lead simple experiments for elementary students to make science fun.
• STAR Faculty Mentor – Be part of one of the best and most competitive summer programs in Louisiana.
• Many more…
Why Get Involved?
• It’s fun!
• Nurses: Earn Clinical Ladder Points.
• Employees: Fulfill Ochsner expectations standards for annual evaluations.
• Carry out the Ochsner mission: Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate, and Innovate.
• Meet your colleagues, network, and establish yourself for potential growth opportunities at Ochsner.
• Play a role in educating the next generation of the healthcare workforce, your future colleagues.
How To Get Involved?
Contact the Academic Community Outreach Office:
Allison Sharai, 504-842-5321, ASharai@ochsner.org
Melisa Enclade, 504-842-3237, Menclade@ochsner.org
Please print the attached flyer and post it in your department or on your unit.
Academic Outreach serves the community and maintains Ochsner’s position as a global academic leader by supporting educational development, providing unique academic resources, and connecting students and teachers with innovative academic opportunities.