- Materials not owned by the Library may be borrowed from other libraries.
- Request articles and other library materials with ILLiad: a faster, easier and more convenient way to request articles and library materials! Have electronic articles delivered directly to you, check the status of your requests anywhere the Internet is available and edit or cancel your requests at any time.
- Requests for articles can be made through ILLiad in Ovid Medline. See the "request through ILLiad" button when searching Ovid Medline.
- Requests for articles from the MEDLINE database can also be made using LOANSOME DOC, the National Library of Medicine's online document request system. Click here to learn more.
- Requests normally take a processing time of approximately three to four business days. Interlibrary loan books take at least one week for mail delivery.
- The Library adheres to Copyright Law and pays royalty fees for materials requested. The Library reserves the right to deny acquisition of resources if copyright infringement occurs.
- Fees and costs: the Library is pleased to provide you with document delivery. Please note that the average cost of receiving such an article from another library is $9.00. The Ochsner Library absorbs these costs for you.
- RUSH REQUESTS may be charged back to the requestor because the Library can be assessed approximately $20.00 for RUSH REQUESTS. Please consult the Librarians for more information.
- Instructions on how to order articles and library materials can be found here.