2013 BROWNIES SCIENCE DAY IS COMING APRIL 13TH, 2013!
Each year Ochsner hosts Brownies and Junior Girl Scouts from numerous troops throughout the New Orleans Metro Area as part of its annual Brownies Science in Action! Day and Girl Scouts Science Discovery! Day, free programs offered in conjunction with Girl Scouts Louisiana East. The girls perform various experiments led by Ochsner employee volunteers from throughout the health system. At the end of the day, each girl will earn their own patch to add to their sash!
Brownies Science in Action! Day 2013
Saturday, April 13th 2013
9:30am - 1:30pm
Registration begins at 9:00am
Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
180 West Esplanade Avenue
- This event is open to Brownie troops ONLY through Girl Scouts Louisiana East
- Maximum Number of Brownies accepted: 50
- Registration Open Date: Monday, February 18th, 2013, 8:00am
- Registration Close Date: Friday, March 22nd 3:00pm OR when capacity is met.
- Troop acceptance is on a first-come, first-served basis, and this event fills fast.
- Registration forms cannot be accepted before the open date and time.
- Registration forms will be accepted by FAX ONLY. Forms can be found at the GSLE Website.
- Fee: $10 per girl (includes lunch, patch, and experiments)
For more information, please call the Ochsner Academic Outreach Office at 504-842-5321.
Past Science Discovery Days
- March 3, 2012 - Brownies SCIENCE IN ACTION! Day
- January 29, 2011 - Brownies SCIENCE IN ACTION! Day
- February 12, 2011 - Junior Girl Scouts SCIENCE DISCOVERY! Day
- January 23, 2010 - Brownies SCIENCE IN ACTION! Day
- February 27, 2010 - Junior Girl Scouts SCIENCE DISCOVERY! Day
- March 14, 2009 - Junior Girl Scouts SCIENCE DISCOVERY! Day