Ochsner Academic Outreach is committed to supporting educators and schools in our region by offering opportunities for furthering curriculum exploration, investigating career options, and providing first-hand experiences through multiple programs, including job shadowing.
A job shadow is an individual opportunity for students to gain one-on-one, observational experience in the healthcare career field of their choice. Shadowing opportunities are available to any student over the age of 16, and there is no maximum age. Job shadows must be completed within a total of 40 hours in a calendar year.
- Typically a single-day experience, although recurring visits are possible
- Fully-customizable options, depending on mentor and department schedule/availability
- Maximum of 40 hours each year (anything over 40 hours is handled by Volunteer Services)
- 1- to 8-hour sessions, depending on mentor schedules
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age, but there is no maximum age
- Contact us as early as possible; coordination can take a few weeks
Ready to Job Shadow?
Click here to request job shadow application materials.
and many, many more...
- Anatomic Pathology
- Blood Bank
- Corporate Integrity (Business)
- Hospital Laboratory
- Hospital Rehabilitation Unit
- Labor & Delivery
- Medical Library & Archives
- Nuclear Medicine
- Speech Pathology/Audiology
- Translational Research Laboratories