Compliance is everyone’s job and compliance must be a part of your everyday work activities. Research Compliance in Ochsner’s Corporate Integrity Office meets Ochsner’s research compliance needs by identifying risks and potential liabilities related to both our basic science research as well as our human subjects research. This includes protecting the safety and privacy of our subjects, Ochsner’s status as a federal healthcare program participant and a tax-exempt organization in addition to preserving our communities’ trust in us as healthcare providers.
A goal of Research Compliance is to promote compliance with research- related laws, regulations and policies by:
- developing and maintaining policies, such as the Research Conflict of Interest Policy;
- providing research compliance and regulatory training and education;
- monitoring compliance with laws and regulations;
- responding to government and regulatory agencies; and
- safeguarding the privacy and security of patient information.